Invincible Me is thrilled to announce a joint collaboration with UCL Institute of Education’s Centre for Inclusive Education, to work with twelve schools in a pilot to run from September 2017 through June 2018.
Supporting Wellbeing, Emotional Resilience and Learning (SWERL)
Invincible Me and UCL Institute of Education joint pilot programme
What is the pilot about?
Disruptive or withdrawn behaviour may be a communication about a pupil’s state of mind, but how should teachers and schools respond?
Supporting Wellbeing, Emotional Resilience and Learning (SWERL):
- is a facilitated knowledge exchange, school development programme supporting a whole school focus on social, emotional and mental health needs.
- invites the senior leadership team and school colleagues to consider core aspects of a whole school approach to wellbeing, including strategies for supporting and equipping teachers, identifying and meeting individual pupil needs, and considering school environments and routines to achieve a more supportive mental health space for all.
What does the pilot entail and what are the key dates?
Pilot participants receive one full day of evidence-informed training, a handbook, training materials and an audit tool. Each school receives individual face-to-face and virtual facilitated support on their action plan over the nine-month pilot. Schools come together to share their achievements and learning in a mini-conference at the end of the programme.
- Whole Cohort Session 1: Thursday 28 Sept 2017 10am – 4pm
- Facilitator input, Session 2: Week beginning 20 November 2017, date to be confirmed. Two-hour session at a central location, booked directly with your assigned facilitator.
- Facilitator input, Session 3: Week beginning 26 February 2018 by mutual arrangement, at individual schools.
- Whole Cohort Session 4: School Progress Review mini-conference Tuesday 26 June 2018 10am – 4pm
How can I learn more?
How can I apply:
Please complete the application form below and click submit. We recommend you write your answers in Word and paste into this form, to avoid losing information should the application not be processed correctly.
If you would like to send supplemental materials, please email them to: email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE PILOT ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 5PM BST ON WEDNESDAY 12 JULY, 2017.
You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application form automatically; we will contact you on Friday 14 July to let you know whether or not your application for the pilot has been successful.
For technical assistance with this form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.